Business Sales & Acquisitions
We focus on medium to large businesses where we can justify spending the necessary time to prepare a comprehensive proposal and valuation. We have extensive relationships with listed companies, black empowerment groups and private investors, together with a good understanding of their requirements.
We offer a comprehensive, personalised service, including:
- Assisting with preparation of the business for sale, whether partial or complete
- Undertaking a market valuation
- Preparing a comprehensive sale proposal and marketing strategy
- Identifying suitable prospective purchasers
- Presenting to carefully selected potential buyers on a confidential basis
- Advertising the business locally, nationally and internationally where appropriate
- Identifying the optimal deal structure and negotiating a fair price
- Finalising the sale agreement and all supporting documentation
- Assisting buyers to raise finance for the acquisition to ensure a swift, clean sale
Management Buy Outs (MBO's) &
Management Buy Ins (MBI's)
In both MBO’s and MBI’s we assist in the delicate negotiations between sellers and buyers to ensure that a fair price and appropriate financing structure are achieved.
We assist at sale agreement stage to ensure that the sale and shareholders’ agreements are structured appropriately to maximise tax benefits and to minimise potential risks. We ensure that the sale agreement is structured effectively in terms of gearing, so that the company’s assets and cash flows can be used to fund and secure the cost of acquiring the business. We also help to ensure that the correct warranties are included in the sale agreement to protect the buyer against potential unknown liabilities.
We supply proposals to various institutions to raise the required finance in the most cost effective manner. Our goal is to structure the most appropriate type of borrowing over the most reasonable terms with a lender that has the skills to support the transaction over the repayment period.
We assist in the drawdown of the borrowing facility, smoothing out any snags that occur along the way. We work closely with the purchaser during this phase, advising on credit, risk and other issues that may arise.
Horizon Capital supports entrepreneurs or established businesses in raising private equity and debt finance. Our team will assist in the preparation of marketing plans, financial models and business valuations. Thereafter, through our network of private investors, private equity funds and financial institutions, we assist in the raising of equity or debt funding.